Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Elk Chili

The weather here in Tulsa has turned to fall finally so we have gotten the itch to cook fall type comfort foods. A few nights ago, Mr. Classy Trash got the itch to cook up a "special" pot of chili. When he left to get the meat for it, he mentioned picking up some rattlesnake. Now, I pride myself on being a country girl and trying new things when it comes to food, but rattlesnake was a little out of my comfort zone. When he came home from Harvard Meats, I was happy to find out that he skipped the rattlesnake and instead came home with some ground elk meat. Talk about YUM!


Here's how he made it:

1 lb. ground elk
1 can chili beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
2 cans Rotel
1 package mild chili seasoning

Brown elk meat and mix in chili seasoning once meat is brown. In separate pot, mix all beans and Rotel together without draining. Combine meat with beans and stir. Cook on low heat for 45 minutes to an hour and a half. Serve with cheese and a dollup of sour cream and enjoy!

Now hubs didn't tell me just how expensive the elk meat was until after I ate it. I'm sure you could substitute ground beef and it would taste amazing also!

No comments:

Post a Comment